2017 has been a great year and big things are in store for 2018! Recovering Abundance will be undergoing a transformation from an online resource hub to a nonprofit, from the Recovering Abundance Project to Recovering Abundance Ministries. The core mission that inspired the creation of the website and social media sites remains strong and will continue: “discovering, creating, and sharing resources for rural renewal.” The core vision of regional renewal guided by place-based, faith-based, and asset-based principles remains clearly in view. But the means of fulfilling that mission will be expanding and diversifying. Some of these new ventures include:
- forming a board of directors and incorporating as a nonprofit
- expanding reach through guest speaking and workshops
- writing two books: one about spiritual renewal through nature and one about place-based ministry
- leading three, weekend regional retreats
- creating and marketing the Broom Tree Bundle, a retreat package of local products & places designed as a gift for pastors and their spouses
- planning events that highlight local assets, building community, and connecting regional partners
- Other plans still incubating and awaiting capital
These new ventures will provide practical, incarnational ways for Recovering Abundance to impact rural people and places, in addition to the important ways it already does so through online content and resources. Like a healthy tree, these new ventures will allow the ministry to become more rooted in a particular place, so that it can branch out with a wide reach to other places.
The vision of Recovering Abundance Ministries and the ventures in store for 2018 require a network of people willing to invest in the work and partner in the mission. Are you one of those people? In order to raise awareness and the required capital, we are ending 2017 with a modest goal of raising $3,000 before the end of the calendar year. Please consider giving a gift to cover our start-up costs and partner with us in the beginning of a new ministry! In honor of 2018 and its possibilities for RAM, the primary amounts will be $2,180, $218, $21.80, and $2.18. Any level of giving is helpful and much appreciated!
The PayPal donate button below provides a safe and simple way to give. For information on how to give a cash or check donation, email us at email@example.com. Donations can also be sent to 150 E. North St. Mt. Gilead, Ohio.
Thank you for your support and partnership in this important work!