- Andy’s Kindle e-book: The Torah of Place: Theological Reflection as if Rural Renewal Mattered.
- The Unsettling of America: Culture and Agriculture by Wendell Berry.
- The Art of the Commonplace: The Agrarian Essays of Wendell Berry by Wendell Berry. Edited by Norman Wirzba.
- Staying Put: Making a Home in a Restless World by Scott Russell Sanders.
- Secrets of the Universe: Essays on Family, Community, Spirit, and Place by Scott Russell Sanders.
- You Can Go Home Again: Adventures of a Contrary Life by Gene Logsdon.
- Hope and Hard Times: Community, Collaboration, and Sustainability by Ted Bernard.
- Hillbilly Elegy: A Memoir of a Family and Culture in Crisis by J.D. Vance.
- Healing the Heart of Democracy: The Courage to Create a Politics Worthy of the Human Spirit by Parker Palmer.
- The Righteous Mind: Why Good People Are Divided by Politics and Religion by Jonathan Haidt.
- Better Together: Restoring the American Community by Robert Putnam & Lewis Feldstein.
- Community and the Politics of Place by Daniel Kemmis.
- The Abundant Community: Awakening the Power of Families and Communities by John McKnight and Peter Block.
- The Great Good Place: Cafes, Coffee Shops, Bookstores, Bars, Hair Salons, and Other Hangouts at the Heart of a Community by Ray Oldenburg.
- Habits of the Heart: Individualism and Commitment in American Life by Robert Bellah.
- Scripture, Culture, and Agriculture: An Agrarian Reading of the Bible by Ellen Davis.
- Watershed Discipleship: Reinhabiting Bioregional Faith and Practice by Ched Myers & Denise M. Nadeau.
- The New Agrarianism: Land, Culture, and the Community of Life edited by Eric Freyfogle.
- From Nature to Creation: A Christian Vision for Understanding and Loving Our World by Norman Wirzba.
- Belonging: A Culture of Place by bell hooks.
- To the Table: A Spirituality of Food, Farming, and Community by Lisa McMinn.
- Learning the Language of the Fields: Tilling and Keeping as Christian Vocation by Daniel Deffenbaugh.
- The Land: Place as Gift, Promise, and Challenge in Biblical Faith by Walter Brueggemann.
- Dakota: A Spiritual Geography by Kathleen Norris.
- Every Good Endeavor: Connecting Your Work to God’s Work by Timothy Keller.
- Rural Communities: Legacy + Change by Cornelia Butler Flora and Jan Flora.
- Entrepreneurship for Human Flourishing by Chris Horst and Peter Greer.
Rural Action–mission is to “foster social, economic, and environmental justice in Appalachian Ohio.”
Next Generation–“the future of arts & culture placemaking in rural America.”
USDA Rural Development–“committed to helping improve the economy and quality of life in rural America.”
Appalachian Regional Commission–local, state, and federal government partnership that invests in economic opportunity, ready workforce, critical infrastructure, natural & cultural assets, and leadership & community capacity.
American Farm Bureau Federation–working to “enhance and strengthen the lives of rural Americans and to build strong, prosperous agricultural communities.”
National Association of Conservation Districts–“locally-led natural resource conservation.”
Schumacher Center for a New Economics–“educating the public about an economics that supports both people and planet.”
The Distributist Review–“online magazine that examines culture, politics, and economics from a distributist perspective.”
Community Wealth and the Democracy Collaborative–empowering neighborhoods and communities to “address the economic challenges they are facing using an asset-based, community wealth approach.”
Center for Courage and Renewal–provides online resources to help individuals and groups “explore ideas and implications for civic renewal.”
Catholic Rural Life–“applying the teachings of Jesus Christ for the betterment of rural America.”
Center for Rural Affairs— mission to “establish strong rural communities, social and economic justice, environmental stewardship, and genuine opportunity for all…”
Wartburg Seminary Rural Ministry Resources–news links, worship services, collects, prayers, etc.